Full Job Description
The Shipping & Receiving Associate will be responsible for a wide variety of activities including shipping and receiving materials via UPS and FedEx, assist in all aspects of production inventory including receiving, stocking, pulling, counting, and tracking D4 owned and client supplied materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follow all aspects of shipping, receiving, and inventory policies and procedures.
- Review purchase orders submitted from customer success team, procurement coordinator, or operations manager for production inventory items.
- Receive, verify, count, and match incoming inventory shipments and packing slips against purchase orders.
- Review timeliness of scheduled deliveries. Reporting any delays promptly to Supervisor, Shipping & Receiving.
- Store inventory in an organized and safe manner so that it can be retrieved first-in-first-out pulling older inventory first.
- Log inventory receipts, pulls, restocks, and adjustments into inventory system.
- Perform monthly count of inventory items in all locations including warehouse, staging, and production floor. Report major discrepancies to Supervisor, Shipping & Receiving.
- Monitor inventory levels and notify Supervisor, Shipping & Receiving when inventory balances reach reorder points.
- Prepare count and release mail for presorting.
- Monitor UPS and FedEx terminals and label machines to ensure maximum up-time.
- Receive, log, and distribute UPS and FedEx packages.
- Operate material handling equipment needed to perform primary role including but not limited to cherry/order picker, electric pallet jack, manual pallet jack, dolly, and freight elevator.
- Responsible for pick-ups and deliveries via Company vehicle
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent
2 yrs. experience in a similar shipping, receiving and inventory management role.
- Shipping & receiving: 2 years (Required)
- Fork Truck or Clamp Truck: 1 year (Preferred)
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Addison, IL 60101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)